svg cuts banner

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Saddle up Y'all! We're going to take us a Wildflower Saloon Ride!

Hey Y'all!
Get your boots on, grab you lasso and lets get to riding on this Wildflower Saloon SVG Kit Ride!
Mary Bonk of SVG cuts came up with an amazing new kit that just makes you want to go out and ride a horse or visit a cowboy town. This new kit has a Whiskey Barrel, a cowboy hat, a rustic lantern, a huge and beautiful heirloom Quilt box complete with a quilted top and if that isn't enough an amazing box card in the shape of a trunk that is filled with flowers. Here is the amazing part all that folds flat and fits into an envelope to be mailed to your recipient! Honest to Pete! I be hornswoggled how she comes up with this wonderful stuff. Lets stop jawing and get to sharing the making of the Rustic Lanterns I created with this wonderful Kit.

 I cut the feminine lantern out of Mud Pie Bazzill Card stock. I had just purchased  Carta Bella Rustic Elegance from Snap Click Supply and I knew I wanted to use it on this lantern. I watched the tutorial about how to put it together then chose the papers I wanted to use and away I went. I printed the vellum using Stampin Up Cardstock weight vellum. I have had great experiences with the vellum and prefer it to regular weight vellum. Prints Awesome Y'all. Stay in the room with it as it can get a bit persnickety at the back end of printing. You just never know so I watch it.

I followed the tutorial showing how to put  it together which was great. She does a good job of showing how to glue it all together and Winnie is a great help too. If you have watched her videos Winnie is her kitty and makes quite a few appearances.

After I got it made I kept looking at the lantern and feeling like it needed a bit more of the Wood and flowers to tie it all together. I made the extra panels you see by using a rectangle shape and sizing it to just the inside of the score lines on the pieces. Then I printed another sheet of that beautiful paper and cut them out. I looked at it a bit more and still it needed something... then the flowers came to me. Those are paper flowers but I didn't make them. The are from Prima the Love Clippings collection. I glued those into place and the lantern was done. I should tell you I didn't purchase the light instead I used a tea light in both lanterns and it works great!

Now hold onto your sock y'all!!!
For this Lantern I used the Carta Bella Cowboy Country  Paper that Mary used. I printed my paper and vellum again. The card stock I used is Bazzill as well. I would tell you the name of it but there is no label on top and no sticker on the back. I can tell you it is a brick red color.

I made the extra panels and cut them. The fluted parts were squares as well, just play with the nodes a bit till you get the shape you want. Now you can do it that way or you can cut extra pieces and cut inside the lines with scissors. I prefer not to waste paper and I like learning this stuff so I play with nodes. I am also trying to learn the Eclips software.
I know y'all I got the top on crooked. That is what I get for late night gluing. I just wanted to finish it for y'all and get the photo taken. I inked the edges on both lanterns to hide the white core of the cardstock. Just a touch I always do.

The Lasso is really a lasso. I cut the twine I had and went on YouTube to learn how to tie a cowboy lasso. The horseshoe metal piece was one I bought at our local craft store in their jewelry making stuff. I had purchased it a year or more ago. I often do this when I find little things like this I think I might use that in the future.

Now I will admit I didn't have the star on the center cross yet but sometimes when your looking through the lens of your camera you see things you didn't see before. That was a cute little touch the cross band but mine needed something to tie the whole cowboy theme together enter the star.
I thought last night I might have gone a little wild with the wood paper but when I added the plain cross bar and the last few touches I just flipped over it. I was so excited I had to share the photo with Mary! She said "Whoaaaaa!!!!! Super Cool!!!!! and Holy Cow!!!!!. That was enough to let me know I had done her proud. Thankya Mam!

Those are my lanterns and I hope y'all enjoyed them. Thanks so much for stoppin and settin a spell. I'm just going mosey on outta here and say thanks again and Happy Craftin Y'all!
Blessings, Sharalyn

Supplies
Bazzill: Brick Red, Mud Pie
American Craft Card Stock: Vanilla, To print the Cowboy Country paper on.
Carta Bella: Rustic Elegance, Cowboy Country from Snap Click Supply
Prima Flowers: Love Clippings Collection
Stampin Up: Card Stock Vellum
Twine
Rhinestone Star
Shoe horse Trinket
wire from stash
Tea light
Tonic Glue
Sizzix Eclips2

3 comments:

  1. Wow you did a fabulous job! I would have never guessed that was printed vellum!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mike! I really love both of them and sitting here trying not to make another but oh all this pretty paper and all these ideas..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop the printer! I have made my own vellum solids...I never thought to print patterns...your lantern is perfect...Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete