svg cuts banner

Friday, September 22, 2017

Autumn's First Pumpkin Cottage

Afternoon Y'all,
Hooray!!! It is the first day of Autumn and my Very Favorite time of year!!!!!! After a long hot summer I enjoy the crispness of the air and yes the wind. My Husband Mark hates the wind as it messes up his yards.  He is very blessed to make yards look amazing, so please don't tell him I enjoy the wind as well. It is very fitting that I should share  on this first day of Autumn,  my design of the Pumpkin Cottage SVG Kit. Lets get to it then.

I started with choosing my accent papers from my Silhouette digital papers I had purchased. I wanted to try out my new continuous ink system. The cost of it at start up was expensive but I am grateful I can now print without worrying how much ink I am using. This will be a learning process for me and I will share along the way how things are going. So far the print to cut feature is being a mite picky but I will learn how to use it. Upon the advice of Deb Maurer and Jeannie Lassey whom have these systems I chose pigment ink by Cobra Ink Systems. No I do not get a commission by adding the name.
I printed on white card stock but the color didn't "pop" to my liking so I tried American Craft carrot card stock but still not to my liking.  After thinking about it a while I chose lemon Yellow to print it on.  I got the affect I  was hoping for but the machine said it would not read the registration lines so it would not cut it out for me. I decided that was ok with me and cut it out with my Tim Holtz Snips. They are only 5 inches long but I like the handles and the seriated edges they blades have. It was much easier to "fussy cut" with them.  I purchased them in a small craft store in Big Bear but I have checked and Amazon has them as well.

I cut the base of the  Pumpkin Cottage SVG Kit out of Pumpkin Patch Bazzill card stock. Appropriately named eh? lol.  I had purchased digital papers from Snap Click.com for the step and door. The door was a Carta Bella paper collection called Hello Fall and the Step was a Bo Bunny Collection called Forever Fall. I printed those on white American Craft smooth Card Stock. I think I prefer the textured but my printer doesn't always love that so we shall see what I purchase more of to print on. I cut off the back of a brad I had in my stash and added a tiny glue dot to adhere it to the door.  I forgot to turn off the cut lines off the step when I was printing so I had black cut lines. I did my best to hide them  with a dark brown distress ink.
Those cut out just fine. You can use the actually collections if you have them but I did not so I used the digital versions.
I cut the base and other brown elements using a favorite of mine Bazzill Mud Pie. The window frames and roof were cut using Bazzill Mocha Divine. The roof accents were embossed with cuttlebug Argyle emboss folder then inked with Archival Brilliance Cosmic Copper ink. I try to purchase the re-inker when I buy a new ink pad as you never know when they will discontinue that ink and it is cost effective to re-ink your pads rather than continually purchase new pads. Occasionally I have to purchase new dew drop pads of the copper as they fall apart after a while from my use of them, particularly in the Fall.
The flowers in the window box were inked with Stamping up real red, only orange and rich razzleberry inks. I believe these can still be purchased on ebay though they are older inks.
enamel dots were added to the centers. I have quite the collection of them so I use whatever I feel matches.
I used a dark brown pen and added diagonal lines to the widow boxes as well as edging all sides with the pen. I cut the vellum for the windows using Stampin Up cardstock vellum and setting them on some scratch paper, I used a smooth leaf stamp from Basic Grey I dropped drops of yellow orange and red onto a baby wipe. Use the baby wipe as your stamp pad and the smooth leaf stamp to the colors onto your vellum. Let them dry and adhere to the back of the pumpkin Cottage window body with the stamped image facing the outside. This keeps the ink from smearing. You could use any smooth stamp but  I like having the shape as well as the colors.
Looking through my stash I found some sunflower buttons I cut the shank off of and hot glued into place on the vines. I also found a scarecrow sticker that fit in well and the rake that was added next to the pile of leaves was in my stash as well. Almost all of my buttons come from Buttons Galore and More.

The leaves are from my stash and are from a SVG collection called Autumn Elements SVG Collection . I measured them and they are sized at less than an 1/2 inch long. If you keep your measurements locked you should be able to type in .50 in the length and it should give you a width as well. Set your machine to cut at a slower rate so it does not tear your design. Also make sure you turn on the overcut markings to help with this. This is if you have a silhouette machine as that is what I design and cut with. I used a little hot glue to get the piled look.
The kitty in the widow effect was added to one of the extra vellums I cut for the two other windows. This was done with a silhouette shape of a cat and then print and cut feature on my silhouette.  Part of the nice thing about my silhouette is that I can change the size of a print or the direction to fit the piece I am wanting to put it on.
The welcome mat on the step was a half cloud shaped sticker with a woodgrain print on it from Carta Bella The story of fall paper Collection I had in my stash. I simply wrote welcome on it with a pen.

There you have it a lengthy explanation of my Pumpkin Cottage SVG Kit .  I enjoyed this kit very much and am looking forward to making a Christmas version of some kind. Again it will be hard to choose papers as seemed to be the thing that took me the most time but isn't that the way it is with us creative people. Thank you so much for stopping by and reading my blog. Many blessing to you on all this first day of Autumn and Happy Crafting Y'all!!! Blessings, Sharalyn

Pumpkin Cottage SVG Kit

Bazzill Card Stock
Pumpkin Patch
Rainforest
Mocha Divine
Mud Pie
Leaves American Craft
Apricot, pomegranate, sunflower
Mc Gill Flower Shaping Tools
Buttons Galore and More
Stampin up Ink Pads, Markers
Hot Glue
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
Silhouette Cameo
Silhouette Business Addition
If you have any questions feel free to contact me on my facebook page Shara's Paper Creations and I will answer. Opie Kitty says Nite all.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it's amazing! I love all of the details!! The little cat in the window is too cute! Love the way you did the window vellum! Love the roof embossing too, and the cute fallen leaves! Thanks for sharing! :) ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mary, I love how it turned out. 😉

    ReplyDelete