svg cuts banner

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Let's Go RV to The Great Outdoors!




Afternoon Y'all!
Carta Bella came out with a collection called The Great Outdoors.
It made me think of the trips we took to Silver Lake and Sequoia National Park. I have been going to Sequoia National Park since I was knee hi to a grass hopper.  It was a joy to share the Gigantism's with my then soon to be husband. Watching him walk up to one and look up was a memory I will treasure the rest of my life. This paper makes me think of the wonderful times we have had on our vacations and our many adventures.
My mind spun is so many directions with this paper and if Mary had gotten the old truck designed it would have been even harder to make the RV  from Dreaming Tree instead of the nifty trailer she has made and a truck to pull it.  She hasn't gotten it designed yet, so I made the RV from Dreaming Tree but I was not disappointed with the way it turned out. Sometimes there is so much to play with it is hard to decide what to make first!

I cut the trailer using Bazzill and American Craft Card Stock. I purchased the stamp set and ephemera as well to use with this RV. I wanted to stamp the bear and the squirrel as if they were riding in the RV. The ephemera was so I could use it on the RV to add to the theme of going on a vacation and in this case to camp. I love the name of the camp to Runamok, so cute!
I  used various badges from one of the papers and cut the odd shaped ones out by hand. For the round badges, I used my Epiphany craft 25 circle and the bubble caps. Each badge was inked on the edges and adhered with a dimensional from Stampin' Up to the side panel of the RV.  I used the Stop and Smell the Flowers stamp on the lower part of the RV. This stamp comes with the words stacked so I carefully cut the stamp down the center to get more use from the stamp. You could cut all the words apart as well, as long as you don't cut the letters this will be fine.

I altered the awning a little by taking out the circles and using my Martha Stewart Scoreboard I make small score lines between the circles. I was not careful when I got to this point and put the awning a bit to high so my lid doesn't fit quite snug as the design was intended. There is a small score line that shows where the awning should be placed. Pay more attention to it than I did and your lid will fit better. I got distracted with my next thought. ( Opps, yeah it happens. )

I wanted small metallic adhesives for the handle on the door but I don't have any that small or sliver, so I used Ranger liquid pearls. If you put your drop of liquid pearl down then tap underneath the paper where the drop was laid, it will flatten to look like an adhesive pearl. The silver textured paper was purchased at Michaels on my recent outing with my girlfriend. That gave the trim the texture I wanted and added to the wheels as well. I had been given a ton of stuff a few yrs ago and one of them were the bubble caps that fit the hubs of the wheels perfectly. woohoo! They are from Memory craft and called page pebbles, I do not know if they still make them.The ephemera was used at the top and accented with Echo Park enamel dots. I will list the collection they came from below. (I have a huge stash of enamel dots because I love using them.)

I used a clock arrow from Spare Parts (Hobby Lobby) on the top to make the "You are Here", indicating the tent. I added the Lodge ephemera to the top and the Outdoors to the front. Moving to the back of the van I used more ephemera for the back. Before putting the little spare tire box together I glued the circle of buffalo to the back then using my "pokey tool" (my stampin up gals term) from Stampin' up I made holes to stitch the buffalo to the top of the box. The thread I used was a black hemp twine from Close to my Heart. ( some of the stuff that was given to me) I used the silver textured paper for the bumper and added red glitter enamel dots for the tail lights. I still think I should have done the ladder in the silver paper and I may change it  The lantern was made using SVG cuts Camp S'more svg kit.  I made vintage camp lantern as small as I could still see it to put it together. I tried one that would have been a better size but I couldn't see it well enough to put it together. A small silver eyelet was put into the top back of the RV lid and linen thread from Stampin up was used to tie it to the back of the RV.

For the last side I used more ephemera on the top and added tiny brads to the sides using the "pokey" tool. I wanted to continue the Native American theme so I cut the camp Runamok sign out and then took it outside. I can remember seeing my mom do this with something she was making when I was a young girl. She used a match and lit the side of the paper on fire. When it had burned to the desired look she had a damp paper towel to put out the fire. I did this around the edges then poked holes in ends and tied it to sticks. The sticks were tied together first, then the sign was attached to the sticks. I adjusting the sticks to the desired look and glued them into place. I liked the compass ephemera, so I inked it with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo then glued it into a frame from Bead Landing and adhered a 25 bubble cap from Epiphany Crafts. The frame was attached  to the side of the RV using Ranger Glossy Accents. I used more glitter enamel dots for the front fog lights. I know we were supposed to put them in the bumper but it didn't look right to me, so I put it where I thought I had seen them.

Last and certainly not least, the fire box is from a kit called Camp Firefly svg. It is another of Mary's wonderful creations along with both kits I mentioned have such adorable stuff to go with them. You need to check them out as well. The fire box is made mini sized as well to fit the whole theme of this paper collection and RV. The bear and the raccoon were stickers I attached to cardstock then hand cut and added a stand to it so I could used them in the photos.

That is my RV from Dreaming Tree and Carta Bella, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed making it. I could have made so much more to go with it but you have to stop somewhere right? (like a canoe for the top)  I may have to make a trailer using this paper as well and who knows? if Mary Rudakas makes the truck that Katie Smiley and I want so bad I will just have to add that to my display in my room. Thanks so much for stopping by and reading my blog. I had a nice visit with you all.  May you have or make fond memories of a vacation gone by.  You could mark it with this RV and put photos of the people inside the windows along with signs for the outside of the places you visited. Let your imagination go wild and take you on an Adventure of making an RV from Dreaming Tree. Thanks for visitin' with me and Happy Craftin' Y'all!!!
Blessings, Sharalyn

Dreaming Tree SVG
Walt's RV SVG

SVG Cuts
Camp Firefly SVG Kit
Camp S'more SVG Kit

Supplies:
Carta Bella: The Great Outdoors Collection, Woodland Stamp Set
American Craft Card Stock: Aqua
Bazzill Card Stock: Turquoise Mist, Blackbird, Blush Red Dark
Recollections: Silver textured paper, Mini Metallic Brads
Stampin Up: Card Stock Vellum, Dimensional's, Linen Thread
Stampin Up Ink: Bermuda Bay, Chocolate Chip, Island Indigo, Rich Razzleberry
Tim Holtz: vintage photo
Memory Craft: Page Bubbles
Archival Ink: Jet Black
Close to my Heart: Black Hemp Thread
Echo Park: The Story of Fall Enamel Dots
My Minds Eye: Lost & Found Record it, Heirloom, Antique Enamel Dots
The Paper Studio: Spare Parts Clock hands( Hobby Lobby)
Ranger: Glossy Accents, Liquid Pearls
Bead Store: Metal Frames (Michaels in the bead section)
Sticks from our pine trees ( it had fallen)
Kool Tak: Clear 3d Squares
Martha Stewart Scoreboard
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
Silhouette Designer Addition
Silhouette Cameo





6 comments:

  1. WOW! There is a lot going on there. Great job! Very thorough post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sandy! Just loved this paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I love all your extras and the paper is perfect. You did a great job! Makes me feel like camping :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects never cease to amaze me! The Carta Bella papers really helped emphasize all the many adventures you went on. Love this little camper van.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I love adding detail to my projects but I guess you can tell lol.

      Delete