svg cuts banner

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Bring a little Sunshine to someone's Day!

Afternoon all,
Today I am bringing you a little book mark courtesy of Dreaming Tree. As I went to cut this free bookmark, I noticed there was another version of it as well in the file and it is quite lovely. Make a visit to Dreaming Tree and check out all the great free designs as well as all the other designs you can purchase. I promise you wont be disappointed. Lets get started..

I had already planned to make the base of the bookmark white and using my distress inks make a sunrise so to speak. Always start with your lightest color first and finish with your darkest color. Remember you and always go back and add more color if it isn't what you were hoping for. It didn't quite turn out like a sunrise but I think it is still very pretty. I added squiggles, (technical term) to the areas between the rays to give the effect of heat waves using a clear Wink of Stella Pen. Here in the High Desert of California I have seen heat waves quite often in the summer time.

After I blended the distress inks onto the white bookmark I let it dry a bit then glued the sun to the bookmark.   Add your squiggles for affect and make your tassel for the bookmark. I used some special fibers I had in my stash.  You can google how to make a tassel or go to svgcuts.com and click on the tutorial for Graduation Day SVG Kit. Mary explains how to make the tassel in the tutorial for this kit. I will have a card version using a card set from Dreaming Tree in a few days.

 Add a person note of encouragement to the back and send it to someone you know is having a hard time or just needs to know your thinking of them. That is my bookmark, nothing fancy but I had a nice time making it. I apologize for my absence I have been painting and redecorating my living room. (consisting of new pillows and revamping some glass décor I already had).  I am working on my fifties kitchen and sprucing up our bathrooms as well. All this in preparation for my son and his wife and our grandsons to visit this month! My mom and dad will be visiting in the fall. It has been very hard work but I am grateful that we are able to do this now.

Thank you for stopping by and spending this lovely Sunday with me. I am off to make my very own (pumpkin, Leo's Cat) Kitty Bag, another great freebie from Dreaming Tree. Have a wonderful day and Happy Craftin' Y'all!  Blessings, Sharalyn

3dsvg Used:
Dreaming Tree (free bookmark)

Supplies Used:
Bazzill: Smooth White Card Stock
Recollections: Black Card Stock
Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Dusty Concord, Pickled Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemon, Dried Marigold, Wilted Violet, Black Soot.
Wink Of Stella Pen: Clear
Fibers from Stash
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
Silhouette Designer Addition
Silhouette Cameo

2 comments:

  1. it's lovely and would certainly bring sunshine to any person who received it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Flo, have a wonderful Sunday!;)

    ReplyDelete