svg cuts banner

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Blending Bendi Christmas Card

Morning Y'all!
I am hoping November brings us our cool temperatures and I am able to craft full time again. Life has been a bit crazy!
Today I am bringing to you a lovely card from Dreaming Tree, called a Bendi Card. Honestly I had no idea what that was, I guess I have been caught up in my own little world but I love the concept of it. The idea is the front is bent and held into place with the slots so the card can stand.  The Believe card from this collection was so cute and of course I had to add my touch to it. So here it is and I hope you like it.

When I saw this card I knew I wanted to do a blended background for the sky. Using Tim Holtz Inks I blended broken china, seedless grape, chipped sapphire and black soot. Go light on the last one and just around the top of the card to add that dark sky look.
Then I spritzed the paper with perfect pearls and water and dried with my heat tool.
The paper may curl a bit but if you use your heat tool you can get it back into shape. It helps to put a paper over your ink blending and something heavy like books or something to flatten it a bit while you work on the rest of the card.
Note: I did not blend all the way down the card but checked to see where the trees would cover and stopped just below it.

The trees looked great but I thought that some green needed to show through so I added a few strokes of my YG63 Copic pen. Then to add a some sparkle to the snow, I added Star Dust Stickles. I used this glitter glue a lot on this card, using it around the fence on the snow bank on the snow man and adding squiggles to the snow for a moon glistening affect.

The paper Collection I used was Simple Stories Cozy Christmas. This is a paper pack from last year but I just loved it and really haven't bought anything new yet this year. I used the brown on the fence because to me fences are brown. The holy is a patterned green paper from this pack as well as the berries. I added Glossy accents to the berries for shine. Set aside to dry while you work on the rest of the card.

 I wanted the lead reindeer to have a red nose so using xmas red stickles I added it to the nose and then to Santa's hat as well. I used Ranger White Enamel for the tip and around the cuff of the hat for the fur. I then added tips and swirls of a Clear Wink of Stella pen to the sleigh and reindeer at their feet.

  From this paper pack I found a nice paper that worked well for the moon to have a glow affect. A small scrap was  adhered to the back of the card then the blended background was glued into place. The trees were adhered then more squiggles of Star dust stickles. Make sure you give these extra touches time to dry before you glue them into place.

I found the arms in the extras file and using the same paper I used for the fence I cut out the arms and glued them into place. The hat and the scarf just didn't seem right to make them both red although I liked it. I made the scarf green and the hat black adding some stickles to the hat brim and the top.

I used 3d glue dots for the believe, sleigh, snow drift and the berries on the holly.
The enamel dots were from this collection as well.

I really liked the clean look of this card as Leo and Kyle showed it but for me it needed a little more bling. It is just my take on it and I hope you enjoy it. Thanks so much for stopping my and reading my blog. It has been a challenge typing this while a young kitten disconnects your extra monitor cord and runs on the key board and such but I am so thankful to have a kitty again. Thanks again and Happy Craftin' Y'all!
Blessings, Sharalyn

Dreaming Tree svg  Kits Used:
Christmas Bendi Cards

Supplies Used:
Bazzill  Card Stock: White
Neenah Solar White Card Stock (sky)
American Craft Card Stock: Black
Simple Stories: Cozy Christmas Collection
Simple Stories Enamel dots
Ranger Stickles: Star Dust, Xmas Red
Ranger Enamel Accents: White
Ranger Glossy Accents
Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Broken China, Seedless Grape, Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot.
Tim Holtz: round blending tools
Zig: Clear Wink of Stella Pen
Sakura White Gel Pen
YG63 Copic Pen
kool tak clear foam pads
Scotch Quick Dry Adheisive
Silhouette Cameo Cutting Machine



No comments:

Post a Comment