svg cuts banner

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Mousy Love

Afternoon all,

I finished another design yesterday evening and wanted to share it this afternoon.
It is a simple design and you can leave the mouse out of it and make it in a few minutes. Either way I think this is really cute and it made my hubby smile so that was worth making it just to see him smile! (read the message on the heart)

I used the Candy Heart Goodie Bags SVG Kit and added holes for the wheels. The holes are W.0.130 x H 0.130. Make two and arrange them close to the bottom side of the heart bag. Select each circle holding down the shift key after you choose the first circle, then finally the heart itself. Open the modify window and click subtract. Now make a duplicate and flip it horizontally. This will be your other side. For the middle section of the bag you can either add score lines yourself by drawing lines along the side flaps, clicking on choose line color and then making it black, then line style and choosing a score line or you can score them yourself on a score board. The reason I change the color of my scorelines is because I like to cut those using the copy paper setting. In my opinion it gives your project a more finished look, IE You can't see the scorelines so well.
I used a whole punch to punch the hole for the twine to go through but you could add the hole yourself before you cut it out using the same method we did for adding the wheel holes. I did a internal offset for the panels I added to the front. The size of the panel depends on how much of the little or large you make the offset. These were then glued to both sides of the Heart Bag for strength. ( I like to use solid card stock for my base)

The wheels are a freebie from SVG cuts and can be found in their freebie section of the blog. But I will post a link to it. I added a hole to the center of the film reel  to make it a wheel. ( sorry for the rhyme, it was unintentional) Size the wheel to W0.914 x H 0.914. I glued 5 of each of the wheels together for strength, then used a heart brad from my stash. I do remember I bought those at Michaels a few yrs ago but I believe they still carry them. Cut a total of 23 wheels, 5 for each wheel and 3 for the steering wheel. I put a heart brad in the center for the horn and hot glued it into place.
Tie a two lengths of twine together and thread it through the hole you punched in the center of the bag. Take the two untied ends and glue the under the mouses paws, or cut three lengths and twist them together then make a slip knot at the end.(for a mouse-less carriage) LOL

The Mouse:
The mouse is made using the Strawberry from Sweets For My Sweet SVG Kit. Cut the strawberry bottom at 2.731 H x 2.565 W. If you bring all the pieces onto your mat and then size the whole thing down at once your bottom should be the size stated above. This will insure all your pieces will fit and you don't have to re- cut pieces. The accents were embossed with Forest branches emboss folder by Cuttlebug. The hands and feet are leaves from Acorn Autumn SVG Kit and are in the extras file. They are the bottom leaves and are sized at W 0.0692 x0.345 H. Curl the leaves in a downward position and squeeze them in a bit as well. The feet are hot glued onto the bottom portion of the strawberry. Cut off about a 1/4 of the back of the leaves for the hands bend them down and hot glue in place. Use the holes in the top of the strawberry to put your twine through and tie a knot at the base of the tail, take the two twine ends and twist them then tie an extra piece of twine around the end and cut off excess. Fray the threads so he has a bit of a puff.
The ears are made using an oval. Double click on it and drag the center node (black square) down a bit. Adjust the side nodes so that it is more of an tear drop shape.  This is one of the things I miss about Sure cuts a lot is their shapes menu. Then use Chalk to make the centers pink.
The whiskers are a very thin strips of black card stock. Cut your length of the strip and using your scissors carefully cut down the center of the strip to the middle. Do not cut all the way. Do this on both sides then bend the card stock strip in the middle and hot glue to the end of the mouses nose.  Add a small back pearl for the nose and two larger ones for the eyes. I used Recollection brand pearls but anything you have is fine.

The tag was made using the side of the heart bag and sizing it down to W 1.469 x H 1.461. I wrote the saying on myself. Fill the bag with a bit of pink or whatever color you choose shredded paper and add your candy and your done!

Thanks so much for stopping by again and reading my blog. I have many more ideas I need to get made and post for you. I have made 2 now and have 6 more sketches that I need to create for you. Many Blessings to you on this fine Sunday and Happy Crafting Y'all! Blessings Sharalyn

SVG Kits Used:
Candy Heart Goodie Bags SVG Kit
 Sweets For My Sweet SVG Kit
Autumn Acorn SVG Kit
Curious Crow Freebie

Supplies Used:
Echo Park Card Stock: LUCKY IN LOVE Collection
Bazzill Card Stock: Tropical, Ruby Slipper,Smoky
Recollections Smooth Black Card Stock
Recollections Black Pearls
Recollections Heart Pearl Brads
Pebbles Pearlescent Chalks
Twinery Twine: Grey and white and turquoise and white
Trendy Twine Peppermint Stick (fave)
Cuttlebug Forest Branches Emboss Folder
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
Hot Glue
Silhouette Cameo

2 comments: