svg cuts banner

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Wise Men Still Seek Him Card

Hey Y'all,'

I had an overwhelming response to this card so I am writing it up for y'all. Really Kristina Werner was the inspiration behind this card. She made an amazing card in her Holiday card Series 2014. It is day three if y'all want to watch it.

I started with watching her video as I mentioned above and finally got a couple more of the Tim Holtz inks I needed for it. Now I couldn't find the Chipped Sapphire she used and I do have it on order, so I used seedless preserves and broken china to add some more of the color to it. But I will get to all that. Choose your Stamp set that your going to use. In this case I used a Close to my Heart Stamp set called Captured Moments. (C1423) I was given a whole bunch of Close to My Heart stuff and I have to say I  like the company very much. Remembering the stamp set you chose,  you will cut your white card stock for your card front. I use Neehan Solar White 80# card stock. I get it from Simon Says Stamp. I purchased the new blending tools that are round from Tim Holtz and found it was easier for me to blend with them. Start with your lightest color first, blending in a swirling motion from off the page onto your card front. If you stamp has a arch to it try to remember that and blend the ink the same way as your making your background.  I started with Antique linen. Next color is Victorian Velvet but I wanted a stronger look so I didn't use that much of it. then Seedless Preserves, Broken China and then Seedless preserves on the top I used just a small amount of Black Soot around the top and side edges. I went back over the top portion of the card with Salty ocean lightly blotting with the blending tool to add more color. Heat set the background with your heat tool to make sure nothing will smear.
Stamp your scene with Tuxedo black Memento Ink and fill in the bottom of the card front with a Tuxedo black ink pen like Kristina did with the bottom of her card. I left the open portion of the stamp where the deer were standing to fill with a Versa Mark pen and used Ranger iridescent emboss powder in that small portion of it. The stars are just put on with a white Sakura Gelly Roll pen the Star is also added that way. I chose the black Card stock to Stamp the Wise Men Still Seek Him. There are a lot of stamps like this but this one is one Mary from SVG cuts made. You can now purchase those stamp through Unity Stamp Co. The set is called The First Noel. Because the stamp got some white emboss powder in the wrong place (yes I did try to swipe it off with a paint brush) I decided to add the stars to the black as well and wow that made it pop! To make the shooting stars just put your pen down and lightly but quickly drag it. sort of a flick like some do with Copics. I sprayed the whole card with perfect Pearls and water. Mix about a 1/4 of a teaspoon with  water into a Ranger 2fl oz mister bottle. Caution: hold the bottle back quite a way from the card or you end up with water droplets in places you do not want. Tim Holtz inks are made to work with water!!! This gives a nice sparkle to the card your recipient will see perfectly. It does not photograph well though.  I rounded the top corners with a 1/8 inch We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper. Use the 3/8 inch on the bottom of the card.

 I haven't decided on what to put on the inside yet but that was it. This was the second try with the blending as the first I messed up. I am glad I did. I really like the whole feel of this card so I will try to replicate this as close as I can with the next 20 cards LOL not easy to do and each one will have a slightly different feel but that is ok. I thank you all so much for wanting the instructions but really have to give credit to Kristina Werner as it was her idea I just did what she says to do in her Online Card Classes.. I used what I had. It never hurts to have some more ink in your arsenal either! Shop local if you can!!! Your mom and pop Craft stores need it! Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Craftin' Y'all! Blessings Sharalyn

Kristina Werner and Jennifer McGuire Host some great online card classes if you want to learn some great tips and tricks. I have taken 4 of them and would take them all if I had the money. Well worth it and lots of feedback on your cards. You have a chance to ask questions from the teacher and win some great prizes as well as a discount code to Some online stores.  I do not get anything from pushing these classes, just telling you what great tips I have learned from them. ;)

Supplies Used:
Unity Stamp Co :The First Noel, SVG Cuts Stamps
Close to my Heart Stamp Set: Captured Moments
Tim Hotlz Distress Inks: Antique Linen, Victorian Velvet, Seedless Preservces, Broken China, Salty Ocean, Black Soot.
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and pen
Neenah Solar White Card Stock 80#
Sakura Gelly Roll White pen
Perfect Pearls, White
We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper 1/8, 3/8
Recollections Black Card Stock
 Fiskars Compact Stamp Press

No comments:

Post a Comment