svg cuts banner

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Snow Much Fun!

Hi Y'all,
I went down the hill to Michaels to have a inspiration visit. I also needed some paper colors I just didn't have. I bought a few sheets of the ones I needed very badly but I need to put make serious order for paper. It was a wonderful visit too as I got TONS of ideas and things popping in my brain while  I looked. I need to work on a card for my MIL she requested but I have another fall decoration idea I am just itching to get to. Now that my Sweater Weather Paper from Simple Stories has arrived, I am really ready to get cracking on my idea. So here is another Christmas box I made. I hope you aren't getting tired of them, they really are fun to make. 

Start with the Soap box from Honeybee Tea SVG Kit. I embossed the lid accents with Tim Holtz Snow Pattern emboss folder. Then I made the bottom of the box using Echo Park Winter Park Collection from a few years ago. I love vintage Christmas things and have loved this cut of kids from Winter Bliss Collection for a long time. That is an awesome collection too if you don't have it I suggest you get it. Such lovely cuts in it. I used the snowflake2 from this collection, ungroup and delete portions of it so that the center of the snowflake would be solid.  Then I cut the snowflake in half and welded it to the bottom of the sled about center and sized the other half way down to fit under the boys foot welding it as well. I added score lines just below where the foot and the sled would end to fold the snowflake flat. This is where I had to cut out a few times to get it to cut without tearing off the small snowflake edges when I took it off the mat. Here is how I did it. Duplicate the kids and flip it or mirror it so you have two facing each other on your mat. I clued two together to make it stronger and to have the other side to the snowflake. If you have a silhouette then set the speed at 1 and double cut it. Carefully remove it from the mat leaving the paper if you can around the small snowflake. I cut most of the extra off around it and worked slowly and as patiently as I could to take the excess paper off around the tiny snowflake. Carefully bend your snowflakes up and then glue your two kids cut outs facing each other.

Glue to the top of your box adding extra glue around the snowflakes. Then sprinkle some white glitter onto the top of it. I use Art Glitter Crystal ultra fine Translucent Glitter. Love this glitter so very pretty. I used two white evergreen ferny greens cut out of white to glue to the top of the box front, then I hot glued a bow onto the top and then two small bells onto the front of that. Sponge white  ink around the bottom edges of the box and then use Star Dust Stickles to make snow drips. That is all there is to it. The toughest part is getting the machine to cut out the tiny and I mean tiny snowflake at the bottom of the boys foot.
Thanks so much for stopping by and reading my blog. I have more ideas but need to work on that card so I feel like free to work on other things. But stay tuned because if this idea works,  you'll be able to use it for more than just one season. For those of you that are wondering,no I haven't given up on the  gourd I was asking Mary to make.  I am still hoping for it to be this year, just don't want to be a pest! So many ideas and things I could make with it that I just know y'all would love! Have a great day today and Happy Crafting Y'all! Blessings Sharalyn

SVG Kits and Collections Used:
Honeybee Tea SVG Kit
3d Wintergreens SVG Kit
Winter Bliss SVG Collection

Supplies Used:
 Echo Park Card Stock Winter Park Collection
Bazzill Card Stock, White
American Craft Card Stock, Denim
Tim Holtz Snow Pattern Emboss Folder
Art Glitter Crystal Ultra Fine Translucent
Ranger Stickles Star Dust
Bells
Blue Ribbon
Scotch Quick Dry Adheisive
Hot Glue

No comments:

Post a Comment