svg cuts banner

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Autumn Blessings!

Hey Ya'll!

It is my favorite time of year again, FALL!!!!!!  I love all the warm colors and the feel of crisp mornings here. September carries a lot of Blessings for me of which I am very thankful. We and someone else we know got married in September. I will be celebrating 36 yrs our dear friends (Leo and Mary) will be celebrating one year married. That is something special wheither it be 36 or one. SVG cuts is having a Fall Challenge again so here is my entry. I hope it makes you smile like it does me.

I started with the pumpkin carriage from Enchanted Autumn SVG Kit, I used just the pumpkin. It is cut at the size it imports. I used my Darcy wood grain emboss folder on the accents and Really Rust ink to bring out the embossing. On the vellum I used the Autumn Word Stamp and the tiny leaf from Heirloom Traditions Stamp set. The fall leaf  was from a set I borrowed from a friend and is a Stampin up Set. I used Versa Mark ink and Brown and Clear emboss powder. Then colored the leaves in with my copic Markers. The Blessings was from another stamp set and I masked off the rest of the stamp so I could get the word Blessings. The Autumn Blessings is on the outside of the vellum and the fall leaf done in clear embossing powder is in the inside.  I adhered that to the inside of the pumpkin and then added the accents and then the bottom piece.

The Owl is the Acorn from Acorn Autumn SVG Kit and is cut at W.10.452. Size the accents to fit the acorn by laying the accents over the acorn body and same the lid accents. They should fit just inside the cut line on the sides. I used Tim Holtz bubble emboss folder on the accents both top and bottom for texture. Use a brown ink pad to ink the edges but don't go crazy as you will use the oak leaves from Autumn Elements SVG Collection cut at H. 1.86 W 1.696 as the feathers for the wings and body back. American Craft Card Stock Colors for the feathers were Chestnut, Clay, Chocolate. The tummy is the maple leaves cut at H. 1.160 W 1.123 also from Autumn Elements SVG Collection. I used Honeycomb and Sunflower American Craft card Stock for the tummy feathers. The "ears" were also the Oak Leaves cut at the same size and curled up with my Paper Shaping tools. The beak and the feet are the maple leaf cut at the same size as the tummy feathers and are inked and hot glued into place. The color of the card stock was Apricot.  I used one acorn, one fall leaf button and one Burgundy  bow as my non paper embellishments. The sunflowers are from Pick a Pumpkin SVG Kit and were cut at H 1.431 W 2.836. Centers for the flowers are cut at H 0.537 W 2.135. Center width measurement is for two centers glued one on top of the other for dimension. I used a Pumpkin and Curshed Curry Stampin up ink pen to make lines down the center of each flower for the eyes.

The Oak Leaves around the bottom of the pumpkin are from Autumn Elements and are cut at H. 2.128 W 1.914. The colors I used are: Melon, Honeycomb, Crimson, Grape. They are inked with Tangerine Tango, Real Red, Rich Razzleberry Stampin up Inks. The Leaf and Vine Flourishes are from Gourds Galore SVG Collection. I cut those at two sizes. I try to keep a record of what I sizes I cut things at but I only kept the larger size as I thought I was not going to use the smaller size. So please forgive me for not having the smaller size. Leaf Flourishes: H.1.480 W 2.036 Vine Flourishes: H 1.774 W. 4.055. I only used part of the pumpkin Vines from Heirloom Pumpkin Flourishes SVG Collection. It was flourish 12 and was cut at H 2.674 W 5.717. The flourishes and vines were inked with  garden green from Close To my Heart and Really Red from Stampin Up. The Sunflowers were from 3d Mums and Fall Flowers SVG Kit. The petals were cut at H 1.874 W. 4.092 and inked with Real Red and Tangerine Tango. The Centers were cut at H 1.938 W. 4.311 then the circle was saved for the tiny centers and two were glued together and embossed using the Cuttlebug Tiny Bubbles emboss folder, then inked lightly with copper ink pad.
I used my Mcgill Flower shaping tools to shape leaves, vines and flowers. All of the leaves, vines and flowers were adhered with hot glue. As I always the supplies and kits,collections I used will be at the bottom of this post. I hope you enjoy my entry for the Fall Challenge from SVG Cuts. It has brought me great joy to make it as well as look at it afterward. The Vellum on the pumpkin allows the battery operated tea light to flicker through completing the Autumn experience for me.
Thank you very much for Stopping by and reading my post about my Fall Challenge Entry.  Be sure and make an entry yourself! Have a blessed and wonderful day.  Happy Craftin' Ya'll! Blessings Sharalyn
Good Luck To All the Entrants!


SVG Cuts Kits and Collections
Enchanted Autumn SVG Kit
Acorn Autumn SVG Kit
Pick A Pumpkin SVG Kit
3d Mums and Fall Flowers SVG Kit
Autumn Elements SVG Collection
Heriloom Pumpkin Flourishes SVG Collection
Gourds Galore SVG Collection

Supplies Used:
American Craft Card Stock: Apricot, Honeycomb, Sunflower, Chestnut, Chocolate, Clay, Coffee, Crimson, Grape, Olive, Pomegranate (small maple leaf)
SVG Cut Stamps: Heirloom Traditions, Gingerbread Kisses (blessings)
Stampin Up: Stamp set, Lovely Leaves, Card Stock Vellum, Inks, Tangerine Tango, Real Read, Rich Razzleberry. Ink Pens: Pumpkin, Crushed Curry
Close To My Heart Ink: Garden Green
Brilliance Ink: Copper
Hero Arts, Clear Emboss Powder
Stampendous Brown Emboss Powder
Buttons Galore: Acorn, Fall Leaf
Burgundy 1/8 in. Ribbon 
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
Battery Operated Tea Light 
Hot Glue




3 comments: