svg cuts banner

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

God Cares about his Princesses

Evening Y'all!

We have had quite the heat wave here in the High Desert lately. I am up late as I wanted to clean up my mess  I made today. Yesterday we got our Sunday call from my MIL and she asked to speak to me, that is not something she normal does but I as I listened she wanted a card for her housekeepers little girl. She said she was going to be 6 on the 6th of July and this housekeeper had done so much for her she wanted to have a special card. I can't tell you how many times I have told her I could make her a card, all she had to do was ask. I knew right away which one I should make. The lovely castle from the Box Card SVG Kit Mary had made. She told me the little girl loved purple so I dug in my stash and found the Secret Garden Collection. I knew it had a lovely purple and the pattern perfect for this castle card.

As I cut out the card I thought what is a castle without a coach? I know a lot of 6 yr old little girls that just love castles and coaches and sparkly stuff. So I set my mind to try to get one made today so Mark could take it and the card with him tomorrow when he took his mom to the Dr. 
The Coach would be a surprise for his mom so she would have something to give the little girl, complete with a color changing light because big and little kids like those. At 94 and not ever having learned to drive she seldom gets out to get a gift.


I said a prayer and asked the Lord to help me get it all done today for her and that I would have the supplies and not a surprise when I got half way done with it. (surprise meaning not enough supplies, I have done that before!)
I cut everything at the size it imports and used lots of pearls and Rhinestones and my Clear Wink of Stella Pen.  I think I need a new one it is almost gone LOL. I had exactly 5 sheets of white card stock left and that is just what it all took for the wheels and base. I am amazed I didn't mess something up finding out I only had 5 sheets left and trying hard to get this and the card done today for her. If you haven't cut the coach from Enchanted Autumn, it is both lovely and well designed but it requires a lot of cutting.

I used my Tim Holtz inks and a blending tool to make the sky and the clouds for the card. I am not very good at it yet, I think that is something you need to practice. I will list the colors I used at the bottom of this post. I inked the edges of the white leaves on the coach with the purple (seedless preserves) and added Hero Arts bling to the centers of the leaves. The brads were something I had in my stash I bought a long time ago.  I did hot glue the wheels to the base, as I wanted it to be sturdy. I know it won't last but at least she will have it for a little while to enjoy. I used the argyle emboss folder for the handle on the coach . That was to match the argyle in the card as well that I used on just the edges of the door and the center tower.
I had a small mishap with the top and didn't realize I had put the cut out piece on the wrong edge so I pulled off the one next to it and re- cut that piece and the one next to it. I knew i couldn't remove my boo boo but I used the matching pattern instead to bring your eye back up. This would make you notice that the piece was all in matching colors. The SG logo almost cut in the perfect place and gave the feel that someones crest was on the door. That is the look I was going for anyway.

I made quite the mess in my room and it took me a while to clean it up but I do try after each project to clean it up. To me that shows respect to my husband and my God for giving me such a wonderful place to craft and such lovely things to craft with. My arms were shaking as I wrote this I guess I pushed just a bit hard, but I know in my heart God wanted this for this little one. I do not know why but I am blessed to be able to create if for her and my MIL. Thank you Mary kowal for creating such wonderful files, and thank you so very much for visiting with me. Have a very blessed day and Happy Craftin'. Blessings, Sharalyn

SVG Kits Used:
Box Cards
Enchanted Autumn

Supplies Used:

Graphic 45 Card Stock:  Secret Garden Collection
American Craft Card Stock: Lavender, White
Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Seedless Preserves, Spiced  Marmalade, Picked Raspberry, Salty Ocean
Hero Arts Gems: Prism Gems, Lavender Gems, Royal Purple Gems
Creative Charms: Purple Pearls, Amber Gems
Wink Of Stella Pen: Clear
Stampin up: Card Stock Weight Vellum
Cuttlebug Argyle emboss folder
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
Hot Glue

No comments:

Post a Comment