svg cuts banner

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Practice and a Sincere heart

Happy Sunday Y'all!
Our Pastor was working in his yard late in the week this past week and tweaked his back something fierce. I had tried to make a box card yesterday but It didn't turn out so well. I won't fold but it was still cute. I can't show you a photo of it as today was the gals birthday so I gave it to her. I wanted to show our pastor we were thinking and praying for him and I wanted to give that card box another crack. I bought this file from the Silhouette online store but wanted to give it a more personal touch. So here it is.


I brought the file onto my mat and decided that I wanted it to refer to James 5:14-15 from the Bible. About anyone sick among you etc. Since we had done just that and prayed for him even thought he was not able to attend church. I loved the owl but giving him one with a medical cross on the hat seemed a bit out of line. After all I am not his wife or his nurse. So I changed the nodes to  extend it to a cross of Christ. I cut the owl body three times to glue the pieces together as Mary does on so many of her wonderful projects for strength.  To accentuate that we were praying for him I made a duplicate of the owl and cut off the arms on one. Then I added an oval to the cut off piece and sized it till it fit perfectly and welded those together. Glue the hands together as if they are praying then bend them at a "wrist".  The saying on the back was done using my text tool and print and cut on my Silhouette. Then I took out the dots for the eyes and drew in eyelashes to represent closed eyes.  The rest was as the file was designed. Nothing special on this one, just a sincere heart to say we care and we are praying for him to be well and out of pain.

 Mary is working on a new set of these and if they are anything like the sneak peak we saw yesterday this will be a wonderful and well used file. Stay tuned Y'all! Blessings on all of you this wonderful Sunday and Happy Craftin!
Blessings Sharalyn
Silhouette Online Store
Design # 56778

Supplies used:
American Craft Card Stock, Caramel, Pool,Blush, Crimson,White,Tangerine
My Minds Eye Follow Your Heart- Be Amazing Collection
Black Pen
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment