svg cuts banner

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pinterest Christmas Card (my verison)

Afternoon all,

I hope your having a super crafty day.. today I wanted to bring to you a thought. You can recreate a card you have seen on Pinterest if you don't have the die.. yep if you have a silhouette or a good program you can design with then you can do it. I saw this card on Pinterest and it uses a poppy die from memory box I don't have. I really would like to have it but that is NOT in the budget.. so I looked really close at it and realized it was a series of crosses and I went from there.
Some of you saw my excitement that I did it as I did post that on the SVG cuts Facebook page but here is the finished project.

I will say that I used 3d Wintergreen's Kit and the berry Stick from Christmas Open House. I used the regular poinsettia from 3d Wintergreen's and the ferny greenery from there, I  added a bit of white ink just dabbed it on lightly and added some glitter to the ends of the berry sticks from Christmas Open House.

The background for the card was made doing a bunch of small crosses in the order that they had for the die. Now I did save the picture of the die and looked at it frequently to see the order the crosses went in but really it was super simple and I got to know my silhouette program a lot better. I used the replicate window, the sizing window. I brought things in real close so I could get a good look and then back out and the align window. Wow there is all kinds of great things that program can do and I am just beginning to scratch the surface of all I can do.
Now I should say that if I were able to buy the dies I sure would in a snap and last night when I was chatting with my friend Rose online I was really excited to show her what I did. We had seen it and were talking about it the day before.. She said does that mean you don't want the die now that I bought you as a late birthday present. Shocked!!!!! NO Thank you Thank you Thank you was all I could say. I know you've seen all these wonderful dies floating around pinterest but if your like me and your on a budget and you CAN recreate it, go ahead.  Try your wings and get to know your program better. Who is going to know if you fail right? and if you do fail try again. Keep trying.
If you can afford the dies then lucky you!!!! Really do buy them if you can. They dies are great and you do well to support the company.
 I am still sore a bit and so typing has to stop for now.. Real short I know but I am getting better. I will list my supplies below. Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Crafting Y'all!!!!! Blessings, Sharalyn

Kits used:
Christmas Open House SVG Kit
3D Wintergreens SVG Kit
Supplies used:
American Craft Card Stock: Scarlett, Pine, Evergreen
Neenah Desert Storm Card Stock
Red and White Twine from The Twinery
Believe Stamp from Snowflake Soiree Stampin up
Real Red Card Stock from Stampin Up (card base)
Antique White Translucent Glitter from Art Glitter
Colorbox Frost White Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment