svg cuts banner

Monday, April 1, 2013

B is for Birthday and yummy cake!



 Mornin everyone,
Today I want to tell you about the really cute and useful kit that came out on Saturday. It is called B is for Birthday SVG Kit. There is a piece of  cake box and a single cup cake holder and two bags which someone already took one and turned into a bag for a baby gift. I love that about their kits they are so versatile!!!!!
 I made the piece of cake using vanilla card stock from American Craft and some of white dotted paper from my very favorite paper pack, Miss Caroline's  Howdy Doody.  Import and cut them at the size they import, put them together as Mary instructs from the video. Once I did that I started embellishing. I embossed the accent pieces which I found in the extras file with an emboss folder from Sizzix. I have to tell you I love their embossing folders much more than Cuttlebug. They give an awesome impression, in my opinion much much better than Cuttlebug. I like Cuttlebug but seem to get a better impression from the Sizzix folders. The folder I used is called Flourishes. It comes with another but I can't  remember which one. I like getting two folders for just a little more as well.  It's  more Bang for my buck. Then I used an old Stampin up ink pad called Groovy Guava to ink just the top and bottom portions of the accents for the cake. I wanted it to look like the cake does when it has pudding or jello added to it. Then I used a piece of lace I had which I am sure I got from either Joann's or Walmart. We still have a small fabric section in our Walmart which I am very grateful for.
 The paper for the candle was from a 6x6 pad of the Miss Caroline's Howdy Doody I also inked the edges lightly with the Groovy Guava. Then I grabbed my favorite pearls from Michales and went to town. I had started to make the cake as something I would like to eat but I was having trouble coming up with an idea and then I though why not do it the way I wanted who cared if it didn't really look like a piece of cake. Whoever I gave it to would probably like it. I don't know to many guys around here that I would give a gift to, that would like it to be all girlie.
 So there you have it my cake and I plan on doing a cupcake box and maybe that super cute small bag.. Oh just go to SVG Cuts and check it out it is just to cute for words!

 Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog.. I am sure your ready for another cup of coffee by now so go brew yourself another. Check out this really great kit! I will leave a link below to take you there and as always Happy Crafting everyone. Please post your pictures on the SVG Cuts Facebook Page, I love seeing your great ideas! 
 Blessings, Sharalyn

Svg Cuts Kits Used:
B is for Birthday SVG Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment