svg cuts banner

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Going for a Sleigh Ride!


 HI Everybody!
I have had my mind on cooler weather and was making decorations for my "mantle" area in my living room for Christmas. I am currently listening to Vince Guaraldi's Charlie Brown Christmas.. So I was making all these things I really love and hadn't had time to make last year when Mary of SVG cuts came out with them and I cut a red runner for my sleigh and really didn't like it so I decided then and there to make one for my daughter and surprise her. Well that is how this one came about.
I used the Sleigh from  Santa's visit and cut it out using the white as the body and red for the accents I used Rouge from AC card stock. I also used Echo parks Winter Park for the accents on the outside and the blue snowflake from the same pk for the inside. I cut and glued the sleigh together as it imports then I really kinda went nuts... I made short pine branches from 3d winter flowers and the flowers were the stupid easy ones where you cut 6 scallops all the same size and cut every two scallops into it then shape the flower petals in using your stylus. There is a video on you tube that tells you just how to make them Ann from More paper than shoes is where the video is. I used a punch on these but I made my very first one using Mary's Scalloped shapes which works just great! I can really see this method with the other 3d flower kits Mary has come up with! You hot glue them together which makes it so much easier. anywho Then I took a piece of white card stock and put  versa mark on it then used Stampin ups heat and Stick and heated it up then I put Art Glitter's Crystal Ultra fine transparent glitter on it and heated it again. Then I just punched out the snowflakes. I applied them with hot glue(it was already out ya know) and added some pearl accents. I had added the flower on the front on a whim and it made the sleigh to heavy so I added those red accent pieces to the inside.. would have been better to do that before the sleigh was together but oh well. and then added my other pieces to the inside. Ugh still to heavy, So I cut two small dowels and colored them with a permanent marker then hot glued those in place. The pearl accents were those swirls you can get at Michaels. So there you have it the sleigh. The snowflake punches I used where the snowflake from Stampin up and the small snowflake from Martha Stewart. The link below will take your right to SVG cuts and the Sleigh is under the Christmas heading.  Thanks for the love everyone I love doing this stuff and Mary makes it sooo easy! Try it you'll be hooked for life! Happy crafting everyone! Blessings, Sharalyn

Kits and Collections Used:
Santa's Visit SVG kit:http://www.svgcuts.com/affiliates/jrox.php?id=3561_1http://svgcuts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=283
3d Wintergreens SVG Collection:http://svgcuts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=45&products_id=152

Supplies Used:
American Craft Card Stock: White and Rouge, Olive
Echo Park Winter Park Paper 
Scotch Quick Dry Adheisive
Hot Glue gun and Glue
1/4 in dowels
Art Glitter Ultra Fine Transparent Crystal Glitter
Stampin up Snow Flake Punch
Martha Stewart small Snowflake

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you Sharalyn!! I love your new blog and the pretty Christmas theme. I absolutely love your sleigh. I Love Mary & Leo's site and have been following them since 2005. They are a great couple & have fabulous svg files. You inspired me now to make a sleigh just like yours. So fun & see you on svgcuts facebook!

    Happy crafting Hugs
    Misty

    Follow my blog
    http://cardsbygeyda.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete