svg cuts banner

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Egg for my Daughter

Here is an egg I made for my daughter.. I had a few requests to do a tutorial but I don't have any video equipment so I will try to describe as best I can what I did. I glued the egg body together then cut the accent pieces out using the same blue which is the color powder from American Crafts Cardstock. Then I used the Musical swirls from Cuttle bug embossing folders and embossed all the bottom accent pieces, I used Hero Arts Pool shadow ink to ink the edges and raised parts of the embossing. Then I  glued them , on punched out butterflies using the Monarch Butterfly punch and covered them one at a time with zig 2 way glue and glittered them using Art Glitter's ultra fine transparent sea shell. I do love that one a lot. I bent the wings up a bit and put glue down the center of the underside of the butterfly then glued them wherever I thought looked best. I then decided they needed antenna's  so I cut white floral sprays to the desired length and put a good sized glop of glue under the heads of each butterfly. holding them till they were dry before moving on to the next. I don't have a lot of gems that you can stick on but since I sew I have a good supply of crystals that I used to use on some clothing projects I did so I glued then blue,white,purple and green crystals in places I thought it looked good. I glued bows on and decided that was enough. For the pedestal I used Butter color AC cardstock and cut the bottom doilie from the kit out of white then used the Doilies #5 I cut it at a bit smaller than 4.00 not sure what that was and I don't have it saved then added the accents on the bottom again using a cuttlebug folder called swirls. I glued an extra piece of lace I had laying around to the side and I was done. I hope this helps and isn't to detailed for the people who asked I never had anyone ask me to do that before so I hope this helps.. Thanks for asking it was nice of you. Have a great day and I would love to see your finished product. The printed paper I used on the egg is from a K& Company paper pack called Sparkly Sweet and Joanns online has it. http://www.svgcuts.com/affiliates/jrox.php?id=3561_1

No comments:

Post a Comment